Many people solely depends on Photoshop for editing their picture because is the most advanced and popular photo editing tool having so many features not available in other photo editing software. But not withstanding, with or without Photoshop, the following top Photoshop alternative photo editing software can edit photos and do some other little stuffs but when it comes to applying some effects, one might need to go back to Photoshop.
The top Photoshop alternatives photo editing software listed below will surely not do everything Photoshop can do, but you can be quite sure of getting the job done to a certain level if you do not want to go through the trouble of trying to get used to Photoshop or to even buy one.
1. PhotoPlus – If you are trying to just adjust the contrast and brightness or remove certain objects from a picture to make it look smoother, PhotoPlus is all you need to get to apply all the effects to your pictures.
2. Adobe Photoshop Express – This is another top Photoshop alternative photo editing software that can be use freely online to edit your pictures without needing to download the software. This software can also be used on iPhone to apply some professional looking touches to your pictures.
3. Paint.Net – Paint-Net can be used to create a logo for your blog. This application looks simple but has lot of features that can be found in Photoshop. Pain.Net is an open source software with many plugins that can be used to edit a .psd file and retouch your pictures and so many more. This is a very good alternative to Adobe Photoshop for simple graphic design for casual graphic artist for logo creation.
4. Pixir Editor – Just like Adobe Photoshop Express, Pixir Editor is another free online picture editing software to edit pictures online without downloading the software.
5. Gimp – Gimp is an open source pictures editing tool. This photo editing software is a bit advanced that Paint.Net having certain features that is not available in any other free photo editing tools. This tool is quite heavy compare to paint.net which more lighter. Gimp can be use to create some cool logos and other graphics designs.
6. GimpShop – Anyone that is very familiar with Gimp will definitely love GimpShop since it is built based on Gimp but with the classy look and feel of Adobe Photoshop. This is another top photoshop alternative photo editing software.
7. PhotoFiltre – This is another great Photoshop alternative software that allows you to edit pictures easily and add filters to make the picture look better without having much knowledge about graphics/photo editing. PhotoFiltre is quite easy to use and the user interface of this software is very easy to understand.